JLGA renovated and expanded Public School 217 to meet the increasing needs placed upon the school, originally constructed in 1925. A new 34,000 SF wing addition allowed students and teachers to trade undersized classrooms for modern facilities.
A floor-by-floor phasing program was developed for the modernization of the existing 77,000 SF building which allowed construction to occur concurrently with the school year.
The new addition and remodeled interior address the concerns of parents, teachers and administrators about overcrowded facilities, efficient building systems, and flexibility to accommodate changing educational philosophies.
NYC Board of Education
Programming, Architecture, Historic Building Renovation, Construction Administration
Academic Swing Space Addition, Classrooms, Cafeteria, Kitchen